Race Around Rwanda 2023 starts on February 5th at 4am
RaR has moved back to the original date in the first week of February. Registration will open again on July 5th, no waiting list, first to register get the spot.*
* Veteran Racers Around Rwanda will receive an email with an access link to a number of reserved spots for friends of the race!
The Race around Rwanda (RaR) is an ultra endurance cycling event that leads contestants over a spectacular route around the beautiful Rwandan countryside. It is a self supported, single stage race covering almost 1.000 km and 17.000 meters of elevation gain. About 40% of the race will be gravel roads, the rest is raced on smooth tarmac.
It is a self supported race, meaning that participants need to carry all their own luggage, cannot use outside support and are not allowed to draft (participants signed up as pairs can ride together). However, some of the checkpoints will have basic lodging options and warm meals (included in entry fee).
Registration happens on a first-come basis
What does it cost?
Prices are the same for single race entries and pair race entries (per person)
- Standard price: €270 + cycling gear donation (see below)
- East African Residents: €220
- East African Nationals: €120
You find payment instructions and Terms and Conditions on the registration page
What is included in the price?
- Luggage storage during the race
- Discounts at partnering hotels in Kigali
- Basic pre-race breakfast
- 4 check points at hotels, with friendly RaR faces that happily offer you food and water
- Race doctor and ambulance stand-by and firts aid at check points
- Rental of GPS tracker & real-time live tracking
- GPX file of the route
- Paper race booklet
- Race goodies (incl. T-shirt, race cap, Rwandan gifts)
- Finisher award
- HD versions of pictures taken by our photographers
- Finisher party
- Local SIM card
|February 4th/All Day||Race Registration and bike check in|
|February 4th/4pm||Mandatory Race Briefing|
|February 5th/4am||Race Start|
|February 11th/23:59pm||Finish Time Limit|
|February 11th/6.30pm||Finish Party|
|February 12th-13th||Safari Trip (info to follow)|
Gear donation as entry fee
We have decided to work together with a local organization that supports young Rwandans in their development through the sport of cycling.
Spare parts are incredibly hard to find in Rwanda, and because of this will ask each participant to bring at least one piece of gear to the start of the race. Those pieces can mean the world for young Rwandans!
Detailed instructions will be sent to you once you sign up
Comments are closed.